Louisiana’s economy is booming and showing no signs of slowing down. Since 2008, Louisiana has been home to economic development projects responsible for the creation of more than 63,000 jobs and more than $28 billion in new capital investments. Similar to its investment success, Louisiana has more than doubled its exports since 2009, and currently ranks 6th among U.S. States in terms of highest dollar export value. In 2014, Louisiana exports reached an all-time high of $65.1 billion.
In August 2014, Business Facilities magazine ranked Louisiana’s business climate 1st in the nation, the highest-ever business climate ranking for the state and demonstrating why Louisiana has become one of the top destinations for business investment and job creation in the U.S.
Home to the largest tonnage port in the U.S. and largest port district in the Western Hemisphere, Louisiana has an abundance of ports and port related infrastructure. Louisiana is also one of only two states in the U.S. where all six of North America’s class one railroads converge, and the only state where all six railroads have direct access to major ports.
In addition to Louisiana’s attractive business climate and unrivalled infrastructure, the state is also known as having one of the country’s most vibrant and distinct cultures. In 2014, the state set a tourism record with more than 28.7 million visitors.
Additional reasons major corporations and small businesses are choosing Louisiana:
- Ranked No. 1 Business Climate in the Nation by Business Facilities.
- Ranked No. 1 for Incentive Programs by Area Development Magazine.
- Cost-effective distribution channels due to the state’s strategic location.
- Home to the largest port district in the Western Hemisphere, six class-one rail lines, seven commercial service/primary airports, an international airport and six major interstate highways
- Ranked No. 1 for U.S. Exports by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Home to one of the five happiest cities in the U.S. as determined by Harvard and Vancouver School of Economics
- Strong, affordable workforce and a Right-to-Work state.
- Nationally recognized universities and colleges.
- Exceptional tax and financial incentive packages, ranking among the best in the U.S.
- World-class, comprehensive, turnkey workforce solution (FastStart ™).